Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm Back!!!

I'm back from my "vacation" in Iowa with Rachel! We had a lot of fun and a lot of time alone together before we had to say good-bye. I have a lot to talk about! I talked nonstop on the 3 hour drive home from Chicago. At least it kept Dad from sleeping while driving!
 Rachel and I have known eachother since we were babies. We weren't friends then, (if anything, I didn't like her, as she used my hair to pull herself to a standing position!) Our moms were friends though, so we saw eachother a lot and we became best friends. We would bring playclothes to church just in case we were invited over. We played barbies, house, everything together.
 Rachel is really close to Ethan and Ana! She has known them since they were babies and they ADORE her. It's a fight everytime she comes over who gets to hang out with her!!! :-)
 Minte even loves her!!
We had a great time on our 5 day time together. We were able to talk a lot and I was able to see her new house that they are moving into Monday, her school, and her tiny town! It's one of those towns in which news passes around quick!!

Iowa's small towns are like a small city's downtown. All of their stores that they go to for everything are down here. There are larger cities with stores I'm more familiar with like Best Buy and Wal-Mart. But they're quite a distance away.

It's very interesting how Iowa is set up. When you leave town, you follow one road that have lots of houses around it. Soon the houses become farther and farther apart and then you're suddenly in between cornfields. After a looooong time houses start getting closer and closer together and suddenly you're on the main street of the town. This is very different than what I'm used to. I'm used to cities being connected to other cities with no cornfields between!

I have to go now, but this is a little bit of my time in Iowa.

No comments: