Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Highlights of the 2009 Summer

I'm sitting in the house. My feet are freezing. I'm wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt, and I'm dreaming of summer. Already. So here are some highlights of our summer this last year.
We climbed the dune behind us. It doesn't look that big. IT WAS. Tiring, yet worth it.
This was the view from the dune. Wow.
We went to the beach during our vacation. That was a whole lot of fun. What are we doing? Burying Ethan is sand. He looked like a sphinx by the end.
We put up a new basketball hoop. This one won't fall over in high winds like our other! Ana likes it on the lowest height.
Bug hunting was the highlight of Ana and Ethan's afternoons. They even found frogs one day. Unfortunately they left one in a metal pan and it fried in the sun.
We got a slip and slide this year. Oh boy was it fun. I was just itching and sweating to go on it with A and E, but I am too heavy. I felt like doing it anyways, though. Ana really liked the slip and slide. She had a little trouble going down, but she got wet!
Look hard at E's face. You may need to click on it to get a larger picture. He was a little shocked by the cold water!! :)

I know it's way too early to be missing summer already, but I'm afraid I am.

No comments: