So, where did we go? Dad had a conference to go to in Minnesota. My mom spoke to an attachment specialist who said that Min shouldn't be so long without Dad. It could cause problems. So they planned on Mom and Dad and Minte going to Minnesota. Then they decided that they could take all the other kids but me with them. THEN they decided that if my class at Valley was something I could miss, I could cancel my babysitting jobs, and the families at Battle of the Books could move the battle the next week, then I could go as well. Everything worked out, and we took the long, 9 1/2 drive to Minnesota, Tuesday.
While Dad was in his conferences, we stayed in the hotel doing schoolwork, swimming in the pool, and waiting for him to come home. One day Mom took the younger kids to the zoo. They had a lot of fun, even on the 2 mile long trail they got stuck on! It was fun to have some time in a new place to hang out in!
The biggest part of the trip for me though, was that I got to visit my best friend who recently moved to Iowa. (That's the person we were surprising!) We went to Applebees and met Rachel and her parents inside. I went first and walked in front of Rachel but she didn't recognize me so I started pulling out a chair next to her. She looked up at the weirdo and found it was me!! :-) Then she saw the rest of our family and was especially excited!!
I went home with Rachel that night and we spent the next day being goofy, taking a walk, taking Senior(or rather Junior) pictures of eachother, and making green, red velvet cake. It was yummy. Just green!
We had so much fun. We made a few videos to a couple of our favorite songs. I'll share at least one with you next post!! You're in for a treat!!




1 comment:
haha nice pics!
Post a Comment