So..what are you doing for Thanksgiving? Visiting family? Having family over? Doing your own Thanksgiving? Creating a Thanksgiving dinner for others?
So, although I can't say that it's starting to smell like Thanksgiving, (partly because it's not even Thursday yet and partly because we won't be making the Turkey at our house), it does have the Thanksgiving air around the house. Right now I'm typing on Mom's laptop, (that makes cool clicking noises when you type fast!!) about Thanksgiving, Luke's finishing homework in anticipation of a hunting weekend with Papa, Dad and Mom are trying to relax before the rush to get things together to go in the morning, the kids are giggling excitedly in their room, and my apple pie's juice is burning on the bottom of the oven. The night before Thanksgiving!
Today Mom and I went to the store and saw people with their lists grabbing turkeys, pie filling, and stuffing mixes! Then in the evening I went to the store and it was PACKED with shoppers. All doing last minute Thanksgiving shopping.
Thanks...giving... Thanking God for what he's given us... and giving? Being thankful for the giving? Giving good attention to the food? Giving? What's that part in there for? Hmmm...
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Good Bye
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment