Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

To make you laugh...

For your entertainment, may I present Mr. Ethan Vander Hart's story. Written by him, and imagined by him. Enjoy.

Amy and Anthony
By Ethan Vander Hart

A couple was leaning over a crib. It was made of wooden boards that were possibly the most well cleaned boards ever made.
In the bed were two bundles so soft, you would want to cuddle them and never put them down again! But the couple had already cuddled them for a while.

The husband was thinking of names for the babies like Carlos or Maggie. The wife looked thoutfully at the bundles. "My names Amy, and your's is Anthony. Let's name them after us!" the woman decided.

The man named Anthony hesitated. "well I guess so. But how will you ask me something if Anthony's around? I mean he might think you're talking to him."

Just then Amy the baby started making noises that interrupted there conversation. Amy said, "She is going to be a pain." Anthony said, "of course she is. That's our last name." Mrs. Pane sighed. "Anyways, they will grow fast." And they did.

When the twins were three, they were 3'1''. When they were six, they were 4'0''. They were always getting into trouble. Today for instance, they pulled down the curtains and made a tent!

There was more to the story, but it kind of turned into a name calling game that wasn't too nice.

Here is a second story. This is one not made up, and it has to do with my driving which can be usually found entertaining.

So a while back my math class was canceled so I got to spend most of the afternoon at home instead of our tutoring place. However I did have to drive back to pick up Lucas and someone else from their classes. So I was driving along on the highway when this big truck pulls next to me and the guy is grinning and pointing to the van. After a while he drove off laughing and I settled back thinking what a weirdo he was. (I had glanced in the side mirror though to see if my gas door thingy was open, but did it very subtly so that he wouldn't think I had fallen for his trick.). Suddenly though it dawned on me that the kids had been playing outside and oh my goodness... I quickly pulled to the side of the road and got out. Sure enough, the kids had hooked the handle of an umbrella to the trailer hitch and I had been dragging that thing everywhere!!! Meanwhile, as I pull off the umbrella, an entertained semi driver blows his horn to show his amusement and makes me jump. Oh wow! What an experience. The poor umbrella had quite the experience too. It won't be used anymore for keeping the rain OUT!

This isn't the second time I've dragged something on the trailer hitch. About a year ago I went to piano and made Ethan sit in the van with me because the strange guy mowing his yard next door stopped and was staring at our van as if waiting for us to come out. We waited for a long time and then finally I let us get out. He yelled something and when I looked behind me I found Ana's pink coat dangling from the trailer hitch by the hood. I was going 55 some of the time, so I have no idea how the coat managed to still hang on!

From now on I will be checking the trailer hitch AND not thinking all other drivers of big trucks or mowers are out of their mind. Well... not usually.

1 comment:

Your aunt from Battle Creek said...

I am laughing with you, not at you!

Crazy kids!

Love, Aunt Jody