Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Woody's Bath

We haven't given Woody a bath in years. And he hasn't really needed one. I mean, I think he stinks, but Mom says he just smells like dog.

Lately Woody has been annoying even Mom. He stands under the table and scratches his back-end on the wood above him. Of course, this makes the table shake, and since he chooses to do this while we're eating a meal, it drives all of us nuts. We weren't sure whether his skin was bothering him or if fleas were biting.

So Mom got some shampoo to bathe him. (We later found out it was for puppies)!

We got the bathroom ready. We put all the shampoo and conditioner bottles that were in the tub, on the counter, because there is no way it was going to stay on the shelf while Woody's tail was in the bathtub! We got tons of old towels, and found Woody.

Mom and Dad pointed Woody upstairs and he meekly followed their finger. But he was surprised when they stopped him at the kid's bathroom. He slowly walked into the bathroom. Then all of the sudden, memories of bathrooms and what it usually meant, came back to him, and he hit the brakes. Dad grabbed his front legs and Mom, his back and they lifted him into the tub. Woody was nervous. He wasn't good friends with water. In fact, he hates it. We all looked at him. Woody's eyes wandered up to the shower head and everyone cracked up. Mom turned on the bathtub spout and filled a mug with water while I filled a plastic, icecream bucket with water from the sink. We soaked him, then shampooed him, then finally rinsed him. Woody kept loosing grip on the towel under his feet. His front legs kept sliding away from him. He couldn't wag his tail or anything. When I talked baby talk to him, he just stared at me with his ears back. Woody was in shock!

When Woody was finally rinsed off, I tried to dry him with towels, but it is nearly impossible to do that with dogs!

Mom hooked his leash on him, Dad lifted him out of the tub, and Mom took off on a run trying to get Woody outside before he shook, (as all dogs are known to do). Too late. Woody stopped and decided to share his bathwater with the carpet. (Perhaps he thought it needed a drink).

Anyways, we got Woody outside where he spent maybe an hour or so playing with Dad until the mail guy came to the door and we ducked for cover inside since we were still in our p.j.s. (Okay, so maybe I did).

Woody kept shivering; we aren't sure why, but Ana tried to fix that by throwing a baby blanket over him.

So now Woody smells like the foam bath soap that Mom got me once when I was little. (Man, that stuff was neat)!

Our house might smell like wet dog right now, so if you visit, I warn you, BEWARE!!

No comments: